Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Comments For Teachers

MRS. JENNY SHE

Week 7
I have been looking at my teachers blog, and she seems to be a really awesome teacher. I hope to learn a lot from her blog.

Week 8
My teacher LOVES to twitter! On one of her posts she put up the "Twitter Song" It was so funny I enjoyed listening to it.

Week 9
Today on my teachers blog she is talking about task boards and micro-teaching. I think that task boards are a great idea. Task boards are used to keep the students attention in the classroom instead of them all doing one assignment, and getting bored to death, they have different assignments to do and they look to the task board to show them their next step. It was very interesting.

MRS. WHITE

Week 10
On my teachers blog she has a poem on Kindergarten teachers, and what you can learn from them. I thought it was really cute! A few of the learned items are "wash your hands", "Warm cookies and cold milk are good for you" , "say please and thank you", just important basics.

Week 12
On my teachers post this week she was talking about being connected in "jammies", and what that meant was that even though she did absolutely nothing over her weekend break she still managed to stay connected to the internet.


Mrs. Cassidy

Week 13
Mrs. Cassidy blogged about using a Nintendo DS in her classroom. At first I was thinking to myself hmm I wonder how well that went over, but as I read on, she had bought 6 Nintendo DS's for her students. The game she bought was a problem solving game to help her students practice their problem solving skills. She said that it turned out very well, and she made some excellent points because not only were the students practicing their problem solving, they were also learning how to share (which is really hard for a child at that age). I like the idea of using something that children would love to learn from, the only thing I wonder about is if she had any help buying all those DS's because they can get pretty pricey.

Week 14
This week her blog was titled "Representing-It's Where Their At" I really liked this blog because I think it is such a wonderful idea!! The students were to make a portfolio of their work and post it online for their parents to view she used vocaroo which is something I am familiar with to record the students reading to post on their portfolio. I think that is a great and organized way of doing things!!



No comments:

Post a Comment