Saturday, February 13, 2010

NPR Blog on Wikipedia
I always wondered who writes stuff on Wikipedia! I know you can edit it yourself and stuff so that makes it hard to trust, but i think that it should say who posts or edits under the source. Wickipedia is very useful and it is a good starting point, but I would not put it as a reference for anything thats important.

NPR Article
Man! Why didn't I think of something like that lol! A Wikipedia Scanner! I think that is a great idea, because it does link the sources back to the editors! One thing that crossed my mind though is "would people be so honest now knowing that they can be held accountable for the information they put on there?"

Wired Story
Most of all these articles talked about the same thing.

"What I Have Learned This Year" By: Mr. McClung
What a wonderful self examination! I loved this article I think it is so true that the first year is when you learn the most, not only from your studets, but from everyone coworkers, teachers, fellow bloggers :)! I really enjoyed reading this it has made me think about things I may have to work on as a future teacher! Thanks so much!

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it crazy that anyone can change Wikipedia? Colby Pepper once changed some story to say that he caught a record-breaking fish. That was the very first time I learned someone could change any information in Wikipedia. It really bites though that it is normally the first site to pop up in a google search.

    Mr.McClung's article was entirely heartfelt and very insightful. He gives some valuable information to future educators.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is pretty scary to know that anyone can change Wikipedia. But I still use it for a reference I just do not use it in my works cited pages. And I agree, they should have the source on the wiki pages. And the article what I have learned this year was an interesting look for new teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Wikipedia can be changed by anyone, who else is changing what and where? Who's to say that everything you read hasn't been manipulated by someone to benifit someone? Just a thought....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I do agree with you about Wikipedia being a good starting point yet not being a great source for an assignment. I do not usually use it for very important projects or papers but if I need a quick definition then I will quickly go to the Wikipedia website. Good job!

    ReplyDelete